How do we learn contentment in a culture that is always pushing us to pursue more? What are we missing out on if we’re always searching for the next best thing? Listen to this episode by clicking the “play” button above.
Author Melissa Spoelstra shares lessons that we can learn from her new Bible study, Numbers: Learning Contentment in a Culture of More about the Israelites’ journey through the wilderness. While God planned to bring them to the Promised Land, their arrival was delayed because they complained too much.
Listen as we talk about why we default to complaining – even though we know shouldn’t. What are some of the secrets to contentment that we can learn from God’s word?
Here are the takeaways from today’s Better Together podcast episode:
1. We can learn to “secret” to contentment, even if everything in our lives are upside-down.
2. Join Melissa’s Contentment Project – Have you been complaining a lot lately? Learn to move from complaining to contentment by participating in Melissa’s “Contentment Project” starting in early September. Click here to sign up today!
3. Check out Melissa’s new Bible study, Numbers: Learning Contentment in a Culture of More. Available at all Christian retailers.
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT THIS PODCAST?
My heart’s desire is for Better Together to women across our country and the world who are starving for hope. I want to reach the women across our country who are tired of living fake lives and are looking for real meaning. I want to deliver hope to the thousands of women who are hurting or feel alone. If you’d like to support Better Together, you can do so in these ways:
- Write a great podcast review on iTunes.
- Share your podcast experience on your Facebook page.
- Contribute toward the monthly cost of hosting this podcast by clicking here.